With the new year approaching, I’m on alert for any new information or resources that will help me to stay focused on my healthy eating resolutions for 2012. Eating healthy, while dining, can become a challenge.
I was happy to stumble upon the National Restaurant Association’s survey of professional chefs, and their top menu trends in 2012. The list reveals that consumers are more focused on healthy eating. With so much national attention on childhood obesity, it’s not surprising that child nutrition is on the list.
Here’s the NRA’s list of top food trends for 2012:
- Locally sourced meats and seafood
- Locally grown produce
- Healthful kids’ meals
- Hyper-local items
- Sustainability as a culinary theme
- Children’s nutrition as a culinary theme
- Gluten-free/food allergy-conscious items
- Locally produced wine and beer
- Sustainable seafood
- Whole grain items in kids’ meals
You can read the entire article here.
In 2012, I’m looking forward to more healthy choices on restaurant menus; hope you are too!