Just like my late mother did, I prepare my best meals on Sundays. There’s something sacred about the planning, preparing, and cooking of a Sunday dinner. Maybe, it’s the tradition of families gathering together to enjoy a meal that makes it so special. Although, I wonder what my late mother would say about my cooking Sunday dinner on the grill.
As a modern woman, trying to stay true to my family tradition of a good, Sunday meal, I find that grilling satisfies my need to quickly cook an entire, healthy meal. I’d rather not labor too long in a hot, kitchen (sorry, momma!).
Recently, I prepared grilled tilapia and summer squash; yep, on the grill! I didn’t have a recipe — this was one of those dishes where you throw something together — Boom! You gotta meal.
Grilled Tilapia & Summer Squash
- 6 tilapia fillets
- 1 pack McCormick’s Garlic, Herb, and Wine Marinade
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 3 small zucchini, sliced
- 3 yellow squash, sliced
- Brown rice
- Rinse and slice all vegetables. Place in a bowl.
- Rinse tilapia and place in a shallow pan.
- Prepare marinade according to package instructions. Set aside.
- Pour marinade over vegetables and tilapia. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Cook rice according to directions.
- Prepare grill. Cook tilapia and vegetables until done.
- Serve tilapia and vegetables over rice.