After working all week, I look forward to chillin on the weekends, which is why I cook quick and easy meals on Saturdays: salads, wraps, and sandwiches. Although I want my food cooked fast, I still want it healthy.
A sandwich made with grilled eggplant, sweet onions, and green peppers is one of my go-to favorites for healthy food, fast!
To prepare these delicious sandwiches, you only need a few ingredients:
Grilled Eggplant Sandwich
- 1 medium eggplant (peeled and sliced)
- 1 sweet onion (sliced)
- 1 green pepper (sliced)
- sliced provolone cheese
- 2 ciabatta rolls
- Preheat oven broiler on low setting.
- Place sliced vegetables in a single layer on a cookie sheet.
- Drizzle olive oil over vegetables (both sides for eggplant).
- Season vegetables with basil and fresh garlic.
- Place cookie sheet under broiler until vegetables are tender. Set aside.
- Lightly toast rolls under broiler.
- Spread mayo on each half of roll and top with several pieces of eggplant, provolone cheese, onions, and peppers.
Now, this is healthy, fast food at its best!